Location: Rockville, MD
We have a long-term opportunity with one of the largest government contractors in the Washington DC area for a SQL Server DBA with Oracle experience. The candidate will be providing both maintenance and new development support for this agency. All candidates must be eligible to pass an extensive 6-8 week background investigation, and can not have been out of the US for more than 30 consecutive days at any point during the last seven years.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with Oracle and SQL server database in a production environment
- Experience using Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
or other Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience with SQL programming and performance tuning as well with Backup/Recovery
- Experience in using Crystal Reports to develop web based application reports
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- At least 5 years experience with Oracle and SQL server database in a production environment
- At least 2 years experience using Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services or other Business Intelligence tools
- At least 5 years experience with SQL programming and performance tuning as well with Backup/Recovery
- At least 2 years experience in using Crystal Reports to develop web based application reports
- Rational Enterprise Suite tools and RUP experience
- AES Encryption Algorithms
- Oracle RAC technology
- PKI & Digital Certificate administration
- Certified in Oracle Database Administration, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or Microsoft Certified IT
Standard Job Description:
Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
Specific Job Description:
The Database Application developer will be responsible for providing technical support for data in our database environment, which includes the development and organization of databases, performance reporting and business intelligence tools; assessment and implementation of new technologies. This individual design will use tools and technical protocols to assist in the management of the databases, transaction processing and database capacity planning. The DBA will develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. The duties also include developing a security scheme for the database environment; providing database maintenance; ensuring logical data models support business requirements; creating stored procedures, triggers, SSIS and DTS packages; and assisting in disaster recovery planning and testing. The DBA will play a key role in training staff in SQL coding and reporting fundamentals and advancing performance reporting capabilities within the organization.
- Database management including Microsoft/Oracle SQL to support the reporting needs.
- Database modeling, monitoring, utilization, capacity planning and security.
- Report writing tools using Crystal Reports
- Troubleshooting Microsoft SQL database and report issues.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Create technical documentation and data flow diagrams.
- Provide leadership and coaching to other personnel.
- Fostering a high level of communication, which includes regular participation at team meetings
- Provide administrative reports as required, both periodic updates on activities and project status, as well as special reports in response to user or management inquiry.
- Research means of maintaining system capacity and performance while reducing cost
- Keep current on new applications, technologies, trends and issues.
||Database Engineer-SQL Server
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V