Network Engineers (Patch)
Our client has two similar TEMP salaried positions; one more senior than the other (senior position will act as lead of a small team). We do not expect the positions to become permanent but in case the target salary is 80-90k. Please ensure your experience and pay rates are commensurate and compatible with each variable.
These TEMP resources are needed until 30 September 2012.
- SCCM Experience
5-8 years of progressive experience in the following technologies, applications and tools:
• System Center Configuration Manager
• Microsoft Server NT 4.0, 2000, 2003 and 2008
• Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/2003, 2008 and Vista
• TCP/IP, Token Ring, Ethernet, IPX/SPX, Fiber Optics, H.323 VoIP, MPLS
• Active Directory 2003 and 2008
• SQL Server 2005
• SQL Administration
• MCP Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Administrator
• MCSE Certified (Microsoft Certified System Engineer)
• Exchange Servers
• Patch and Configuration management
• Printer Server Management Console.
One or more of the following certifications is highly desirable.
• IBM Certified Specialist - eServer p% and pSeries Admin and Support for AIX 5L V5.2
• SNIA Certified Storage Architect (SCCA)
• MCSE Windows 2003
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
Our client has two(2) positions on a mid-sized federal contract in Washington, DC for a Network Engineers with specialization in vulnerability and patching. The position requires current knowledge of relevant technology and capability to provide technical, and administration support for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of underlying computer operating systems. Specific responsibilities will include the maintain the patch levels of the client's servers, trouble shoot and test hardware, software and networks; maintain required network encryption levels and develop project plans to address security vulnerabilities.
• Coordinate patching and vulnerability issues between the IT Operation Group and the IT Security Group.
• Proactively monitor industry and government sources for information regarding required patches for Microsoft file servers and for security vulnerabilities that need to be mitigated.
• Work independently to develop system patching schedules and see them through the client's change control process.
• Work independently to monitor and track the patch level of the client's file servers.
• Read and analyze security bulletins and evaluate which ones are applicable to the client's systems.
• Develop project plans to address security vulnerabilities and present them to the client.
• Troubleshoot and test hardware, software and networks.
• Provide customer with updated information and support for installation, change, documentation, and configuration updates; supporting the acquisition of hardware and software.
• Responsible for encryption and encrypted equipment as required on the network accreditation including controls, safeguards and secured configurations; ‘user-level' maintenance of Ethernet LAN and WAN operational devices.
• Baseline Security Analyzer - coordinate with Microsoft to monitor server performance
• May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
• May perform network administration duties.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Master's Degree preferred
||Network Engineer (Patch)
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V