Our client has an immediate opening for a SharePoint Developer in a small government agency in Washington, DC.
• 10-15 years of related software development experience.
• 5 + years of experience in developing and deploying solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010
• 3 + years of experience leveraging SharePoint Business Intelligence capabilities and features
• 8 + years of experience with developing .NET Web applications.
• Experience and knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Experience using the SharePoint 2007 and 2010 frameworks as an application development platform.
• Experience leveraging Microsoft technologies, including ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, ADO.NET, SharePoint, and SQL Servers, to improve business processes and productivity.
• Experience in SQL Server.
• Demonstrate an understanding of SharePoint API's and architecture.
• Ability to interact with end users and translate business language into technical requirements.
• Prior experience in federal agency environment highly desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment, as well as, the ability to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively with people of many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
Additional Requirements/ Certifications:
* Must possess, or be willing to achieve within 45 days of employment, at least one of the following two certifications:
• MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Application Development
• MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Application Development
* Additional certifications are preferred, particularly in the following areas:
• MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuration
• MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuration
The candidate will support the development and enhancements of projects using Microsoft technologies. This position works within an integrated team environment to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug cutting edge web-based solutions for agency customers. Each project will involve technical skills ranging from SharePoint deployment and configuration, extending SharePoint APIs, and the development of custom web parts.
• Apply knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and .NET platforms and programming languages.
• Develop and design specifications and unit test plans and troubleshoot client issues.
• Participate in writing systems documents, including use case design documents and support user acceptance testing.
• Provide innovative use of SharePoint infrastructure for storing data, customizing search and storing documents by integrating external tools into the SharePoint framework.
• Design, Build, and Implement SharePoint portals to satisfy the business and data needs of an organization
• Work closely with end-users, the customer and other stakeholders to coordinate plans and activities that affect the assigned projects.
• Provide technical leadership to contract and agency management in the development, maintenance and application of developing SharePoint technologies as they apply to agency needs.
• Participate with consultants and vendors in assessment of systems and databases subject to SharePoint applications and use.
• Perform other related assignments as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Masters Degree preferred.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V