Information Security Analysts
The essence of this job is to have Information Security Analysts that can do roduct and policy review, specifically someone with policy background from a civilian agency. The program runs out in mid-September, but the client has asked for follow-on rates so there's a good possibility it could be extended. If it's extended then candidates will be eligible for fulltime employment with our client.
1. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the security of information systems assets and to protect network from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
2. Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of organizational policy.
3. Researches and assists in the development of guidelines for the appropriate use of new technologies.
4. Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability within a network.
5. Assists with the definition and documentation of information security related processes and procedures.
6. Understand encryption and other technologies used to improve organizational security.
7. Participates in organizational working groups or other efforts to ensure relevant issues are identified and addressed.
8. Understands network security threats / attacks, mobile applications security, security testing, policies, standards and regulations (FISMA, HIPAA, PCI DSS etc.)
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience.
8-10 years of experience
Industry certifications to include CISSP, Security+, CAP, etc.
||Information Security Analyst
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V