- 10-15 years of directly relevant technical experience.
- Broad exposure to many networking related technologies such as firewalls, content switching, access control lists, DNS, VOIP, and VideoOIP.
- Strong technical and working knowledge and experience related to Cisco ASA 5500 series, Cisco 6500 FWSMs, F5 LTM, Cisco 3800 series routers, and Cisco 3750 and 6500 series multilayer switches.
- Experience in configuration and support of Cisco intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting site-to-site and remote access VPNs, Cisco NAC and Cisco wireless solutions.
- Working knowledge of Cisco VOIP infrastructure and Layer 2 service provider networks.
- One or more of the following certifications is required:
‘o Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
‘o Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- MCSE Windows 2003 desirable.
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer with specialization in network infrastructure on a mid-sized federal contract in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Network Engineering Operations Team responsible for server infrastructure and networking services. Responsibilities will include operational support for Intranet/Extranet routers, Data Center LAN switches, Firewall and maintenance on router configurations. Work will require that agency standards are implemented, maintained and documented in all operations. Knowledge and expertise in new WAN technologies are very desirable.
- Provide operational support whenever necessary to resolve infrastructure problems (Intranet/Extranet Router, Data Center LAN switch, Firewall) Configure and maintain router configurations.
- Provide technical documentation to next level support.
- Manage and implement customer-initiated change requests for Internet and Extranet change.
- Ensure standards are implemented; assist in development of best in class processes.
- Create and maintain up to date logical network documentation.
- Plan, schedule, communicate and implement new WAN technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Master's degree desirable
||Network Firewall Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V