Senior Operations Analyst
Location: Columbia, MD
The Senior Operations Analyst is responsible for maintaining the operational efficiency of the engineering and development organization. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who can troubleshoot underlying problems, develop and streamline processes, and provide operational and financial guidance to management and technical staff. The candidate must be comfortable operating independently and must demonstrate critical thinking and decision making skills in their work history.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares analyses on financial and expense performance.
- Assists in the development of business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Tracks monthly costs and project activity to provide insight into areas needing cost reduction and process or profit improvement.
- Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget.
- Maintains records of expenses, inventories and budget balances.
- Responsible for collecting, consolidating, and analyzing data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Possess a wide-range of experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting: methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience.
- Bachelorís degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Management Information Systems.
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Excel. Intermediate knowledge of MS Access or SQL a plus.
- Has a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) an asset.
- Primary location is in Columbia, MD. Travel to Germantown, MD required up to 15%.
||Senior Operations Analyst
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V