Our client is currently seeking a motivated and talented individual who can offer the knowledge, skills, and experience as a SAN Engineer at our client site in College Park, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years experience in information technology infrastructure required.
- SAN (NetApp) administration experience required.
- Five to eight (5-8) years experience in SAN support.
- Qualified candidates must be able to undergo a Position of Public Trust investigation or have recently held a Position of Public Trust.
- Preferred experience with Windows or UNIX or Novell.
- Experience with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) strongly desired.
- Duties include installing, configuring, monitoring, and upgrading enterprise-level storage area networks (SANs).
- Maintaining and enforcing compliance of established configuration policies and guidelines of storage, network, and server hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting storage events and taking appropriate action; responding appropriately to customer service requests; documenting storage events and procedures.
- Establishing block and file migration procedures and operational implementation plans supporting life-cycle management of a project; ensuring excellent customer relations; keeping leadership informed.
- Keeping abreast of new IT and storage management developments and incorporating them into tasks, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Provides training and documentation relevant to system configurations ensuring continuity of operations and responsiveness based on established SLA.
||College Park, MD
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V