Top Secret SCI Clearance Required
• Being a technical resource for Oracle related design, performance, security and configuration issues
• Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for Oracle related issues
• Developing and maintaining O&S operating procedures for the Compute infrastructure in addition to providing on-the-job training to AIT O&S Tier II personnel
• Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
• Understand NCE-Active IT baseline capabilities, design and objectives
• Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
• Some interaction with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
• Supporting the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR, resolving findings, documenting solutions, workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
• Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures.
• Possess knowledge of Oracle and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
• Experience with RAC and Clusterware is expected.
• Evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
• Experience managing technology strategy / roadmap.
• Development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques.
• Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
• Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
Experience with Oracle Streams
Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
SQL Server or MYSQL or VMware knowledge.
Experience with Exadata or SuperCluster.
Years of Experience: 8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience
Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Years of Experience Required:
Years of Experience Desired:
||Sr. Oracle DBA Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V