Senior Infrastructure Management Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
We are looking for an individual with proven technical, team, communication and problem solving skills in the area of Linux and VMware systems engineering and administration.
• Manage the planning, development and implementation of our virtualization strategy using VMware vSphere technology to manage virtual Linux environments. Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account sizing, infrastructure, data protection, and disaster recovery and application requirements.
• Build scripts and write documentation in support of the deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance of VMware servers and Linux virtual machines • Measure and analyze the current VMware/Linux systems to improve performance and reliability. Define and implement virtualization standards, procedures and best practices.
• Perform system administration duties for VMware and Linux servers.
• Provide VMware knowledge transfer and training to the operations support staff.
• Demonstrate expertise in the deployment of networking technologies in a virtualized environment.
• Collaborate with other teams to define and execute strategies that automate services, improve product quality and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Work with the help desk and level 2/3 support staff to resolve problems.
• Work in a demanding 24x7 support environment. Experience and Skills
• 3 years VMware administration (VCP a plus).
• 5 years Redhat Linux systems administration (RHCE a plus).
• Strong scripting skills.
• Working knowledge of data centers, storage, SQL databases, TCP/IP networking, data security, firewalls and proxies.
• Strong troubleshooting, communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• Experience in a mission critical environment providing system and technical support focused on ensuring high service availability.
• Team player. Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
• ITIL and/or PMP certification a plus.
||Infrastructure Management Analyst
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V