Provides Solaris System Administration functions specifically for the Navy ERP environment hosted at NAWC Data Centers during core working hours. System Administration support will include on-call duties and may require additional hours.
• Checking server operability on a daily basis.
• Troubleshooting of operating system and hardware errors.
• Installing operating system and system software.
• Configuring operating system and system software.
• Securing of operating system and system software.
• Applying best practices for tuning the operating system for overall system performance.
• Monitoring system performance, make recommendations as applicable.
• Regularly installing operating system patches for security and system performance.
• Evaluating and responding to IAVA Certs and Bulletins.
• Developing of shell scripts to assist in automating the administration process for all systems.
• Maintaining System Configuration Documentation, including run books, software installation instructions, operating system installation and system configuration sheets.
• Assisting and interacting with other specific sub-teams within the Navy ERP Project.
• Providing after hours support as required.
• Configure and operate NetBackup software and tape storage systems.
• Configure and operate SAN switches and SAN disk storage systems
Second Shift: Wed - Sat - 2:30 pm to 1:00 am.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Interim Secret clearance required to start.
- Jumpstart for Solaris Installs
- Veritas Bare Metal Restore
Must meet 8570 requirements of IAT Level II - Security+ and Solaris SCSA v.10 or higher (required within 6 months of employment)
||Unix Systems Administrator
||Patuxent River, MD
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V