The Lead Data Warehouse/ETL Developer will be responsible for system design, implementation, and maintenance of all components that make up the Data Warehouse and Data Integration most commonly referred to as ETL. This individual will work very closely with Business Solutions Analyst ensure the requirements are well understood, analyze source system data structures, develop Data Warehouse data models, develop ETL process that are robust and perform at acceptable service levels.
• Perform detailed data analysis to develop a good understanding of the data in the source systems
• Design and finalize the data warehouse data model for one or more subject areas
• Create physical Database objects including fact tables, dimensions, staging, materialized views, indexes in accordance with logical data model
• Design high level ETL process and data flow from source system to EDW
• Develop source to target data mapping document for ETL processes.
• Create physical Database objects including fact tables, dimensions, staging, materialized views, indexes in accordance with logical data model provided by Data Modeler
• Develop & unit test Informatica ETL processes for optimal performance
• Develop & unit test pre and post loading processes using Unix/Perl scripting language
• Performance tune ETL mappings and report queries
• Work with QA Lead and test engineer and review high level ETL design, source to target data mapping document and be the point of contact for any ETL related questions
• Coordinate ETL and database development work with offshore ETL developers and conduct code reviews.
• Work closely with database administration team and ensure the database is architected and designed to handle concurrent ETL and reporting query jobs.
• Provide production support for data warehouse jobs on a rotational basis
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of overall IT experience with a thorough understanding of SDLC methodology
• 5-7 years’ experience implementing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions
• 5-7 years of experience in Sr, ETL Developer role with strong hands on experience in developing complex ETL processes using Informatica Power Center
• 5-7 years of experience with Oracle databases and strong SQL and PL/SQL knowledge.
• 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse dimensional modeling using ERWIN or other data modeling tools
• Expertize with Informatica ICS product and integration with Salesforce.com
• Prior knowledge of extracting data from Salesforce.com to EDW for reporting and dashboards
• Familiarity with Case management systems will be a plus
• Good understanding of Data warehousing project life cycle, especially tasks within the ETL phase.
• Extensive experience in performance tuning ETL jobs and reporting queries
• Solid knowledge of Unix/Perl scripting.
• Exposure to reporting tools such as OBIEE is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to implement physical Star Schemas and scalable ETL processes
• Ability to work independently and multi-task to meet critical deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
• Must be a team player and be able to lead and mentor other developers onsite and offshore
• Good communication and presentation skills and must have the ability to work with people in various groups and departments
• Self starter with ability to manage priorities
||Lead Data Warehouse/ETL Developer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V